Thursday, February 25, 2010

A&W Chicken waffle!

photo.php.jpg
It was such a delightful treat that I had to write about it! I was envious of my sister when she presented me with Harlem's famous chicken waffle photos. Little did I know that I would come across it at A&W in Bangkok, Thailand. In North America, the fast food joint is well known for their thick cut onion rings and family named burgers. But in Thailand, A&W is more known for their waffles! Served at any given time of day, their famous waffles are served with 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream, a choice of chocolate sauce or strawberry sauce, and a side of maple syrup. It is more of a sit down dish, of course. This time around, I notice chicken waffle is up on the menu along with other infused dishes like fried chicken curry with rice. For only 57 bath (less than 2 US dollars), you get a crispy fried chicken fillet sandwiched between 2 waffles. I was quite baffled by how crispy and well seasoned the fried chicken was. Coupled with spicy barbecue sauce with a hint of mayo, it is bursting with savoury flavour.

1 comments:

Ethan said...

and why wasn't i taken there :P