Thursday, May 20, 2010

That perfect coverage, I found it...

After visiting Asia this past trip, I was still in search for the perfect makeup that gives a natural coverage without looking too caked on.  All I kept hearing about is the magical BB cream which was initially widely sold in Korea but now has become the biggest makeup essential all over Asia.

What exactly is BB Cream?
BB cream stands for blemish balm which was originally used as therapeutic moisturizer in Germany to treat irritated skin after facial treatment. BB cream becomes popular because mainly for its ability to conceal pores, blemish and acne while giving your skin a natural glow.  Most BB cream only comes in one or 2 shades.  BB cream has become so popular that almost every makeup brands have their own line of BB cream.  Special functions are also added to cater to clients' different needs ie. SPF, anti-wrinkles, whitening functions etc.  The prices for BB cream also range from $8 to over $50.

Picking out BB Cream
I was lucky enough to be shopping at the source of BB cream, South Korea.  Myong Dong in Seoul is a shopping street littered with shops after shops of cosmetic brands.  Picking and choosing BB cream with no prior experience or comparison can be quite overwhelming.  Missha has a reputation of carrying the best like of BB cream, so I decided to test it out for myself.  I picked out a tube of Missha M Perfect Cover BB cream in 23 natural beige.  The price was around $13 which was quite reasonable.  Once I put it to the test, I wasn't sure how much to use.  It turns how that you only need very small amount.  The  texture of the cream is more like a lotion but you get more coverage than using a foundation and concealer combined.  The cream also doesn't cake.  It blends in naturally on to my skin and evens out the complexion.  I was pleasantly surprised at how well it works.  The BB cream gives my skin a flawless and natural glow.  It looks like I was born with great skin!!! I have honestly never used anything as cost effective and has such great result!!  The only downer about this is that to keep it cost effective, you'll have to buy the BB cream straight from Korea.  Online websites obviously jacked up the price for something that are well sought after.  But I guess if you are looking to try it out, it is definitely worth a try.

I will even post comparison pictures up between the $13 M Perfect BB cream from Korea versus the $50 Classified Era Airbrush foundation I bought from Beauty Junkie (which does the trick, but my face feels like I'm wearing a mask).




0 comments: